Saturday 23 June 2012

Video Vault: Stretching Exercises




Found this video while I was tumblring around for dance related entries. This is actually informative. I realised that I've been stretching the wrong way all this while and thus there was little progress on my flexibility since starting salsa dance, it's such a simple little detail, yet I missed it - keeping my back straight.

The stretching exercise at 2:00 made me realise how much I hate my right foot for being inflexible (but my right foot balances better, and vice versa with my left) I don't know about you guys, but I think that exercise could help balance out the flexibility of your legs better. That, and I'll need to do tons of 3:50 so that I can split both ways. Also I'm hoping 4:20 can help me split frontwards too, but even if it doesn't, I think my inner thighs need tons of stretching.

I should probably look around for videos to increase flexibility with the back. I'm aiming to do a scorpion :)

**Having good flexibility isn't a requirement in social dances, but it's good to stretch so that you can see how far your body can express itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment