Thursday 21 June 2012

Reflections: Last WCS 1 class!


Alright, I'm finally done with our beginner classes for West Coast Swing! Here, have a picture of my classmates and instructors.

Somehow I regret not going to last Friday's socials because I couldn't remember the cue for a whip while in class, which was pretty stupid since it's quite basic. Eventually I caught up to it, and we finally were introduced to the idea of extending patterns and us ladies can have tons of fun adding more styling before finishing off with an anchor. Along with that, guys can also add 2 extra counts before the anchor  so it can act as a breather before leading the next step, which is pretty awesome so you're not caught doing the sugar push all the time.

Phew, 2 hours of class, and then due to the lack of girls in the 2A class, I stayed back for another hour, so I get to pick up some intermediate stuff while I wait for 2B to begin, muahahahahahaha!

Some sparse West Coast Swing 2A class spoilers:

1- overstretched + understretched anchor styling, free spin + left side spin
2- shoulder & hammerlock wrap (there was another one I forgot its name. Goldfish memory after 3 hours of dance classes.)
3- girl & guy baskets, guy's sugar push variation.

Unfortunately this is as far as I will go in spoiling classes for you WCS1 people, so sign up for 2A classes after 2B anyway :P Learning the technique is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment